Why choose our Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative training?
In order carry out Close Protection (Body guarding) Operations you need a Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence. This course provides you with the qualification required to apply for your SIA Licence in Close Protection Operations
Who is this qualification for?
Anyone who wants to work as a Close Protection Operative.
How long will it take?
The Working as a Close Protection Operative course runs over 14 days
On the final day of the course, there will be three multiple-choice exams and a practical assessment.
Everything you need to know for the examination will be covered in the course and you will be fully prepared for the tests.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry.
Your Course is divided into 3 units:
- Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry.
- Unit 2 Working as a Close Protection Operative.
- Unit 3: Conflict Management
Working in the Private Security Industry.
- The roles and responsibilities of a close protection operative
- Basic surveillance, anti-surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques
- Legislation relevant to a close protection operative
- The importance of interpersonal skills within a close protection environment
- The importance of reconnaissance within a close protection environment
- Search procedures within a close protection environment
- Establishing and maintaining secure environments
Planning, Preparing and Supporting a Close Protection Operation
- The importance of threat assessment, risk management and operational planning
- The importance of teamwork and operational briefing within a close protection environment
- Close protection foot drills
- The importance of planning for route selection
- The importance of transport management within the close protection environment
- Incident management within a close protection environment
- Venue security operations
- Planning and preparing to carry out a close protection operation
- Providing close protection of a principal
Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- The principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations.
- How to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- How to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Good practice to follow after conflict situation